Determine cause of mansion fire
A tragic accident in Concord, Ma. that could’ve been prevented by regular maintenance and repairs by a certified chimney sweep.
“The fire burned the 6,500-square-foot home, which, according to records, was built in 1899. The five-bedroom, five-bathroom mansion was valued at approximately $2.9 million.
Investigators determined that the fire in the fireplace extended from inside the chimney through a breach in the mortar. “This allowed super-heated gases to escape and ignite structural components,” fire investigators said.
“We’re confident the fireplace was used in a correct and appropriate manner by the occupants of the home, and that this was a tragic accident,” authorities said.”